MEDICARE / PDP

Paying too Much for Medicare Coverage?

While it’s true medicare is complicated, it can be a wonderful benefit if you know how to take advantage of it.

We’re here to help, and all it takes is one call to find out if you qualify, what specific benefits you’re eligible for, and—most important—how to pay the lowest possible price.

First, here’s a quick rundown of the four categories of Medicare coverage:

Medicare Part A (“Hospital Coverage”) – This covers your bills if you have to stay overnight in the hospital for any reason. There’s usually a deductible, but you don’t have to pay monthly premiums as long as you have 40 social security credits.

Medicare Part B (“Doctor and Specialist Visits”) – This covers doctor’s services. You pay a monthly premium, plus an annual deductible, and co-insurance of 20%. Medicare will typically pay the other 80%.

Medicare Part C (“Medicare “Advantage Programs”) – Advantage Programs are health insurance plans that combine your hospital, doctor, and prescription-drug coverage into one plan. These plans are sold by private insurers. These plans are typically HMO’s. You can pay a monthly premium, plus copayments for different services.

Medicare Part D (“PDP Plans” Prescription Drugs”) – Prescription drug insurance plans are sold by private insurance companies. They can include monthly premiums, deductibles, and copayments based on drug types.

Medicare (Supplement Plans) are insurance plans that cover the costs that aren’t covered by Medicare. Things like co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles as described above. By law,the benefits of these Supplement plans are exactly the same, no matter where you buy them,but cost’s varies depending on which insurance company you buy them from. That’s why it’s a good idea to shop around annually before your birthday to make sure you’re not paying too much.

We specialize in helping clients get the best Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage or PDP plan coverage at the best price. Please call the Medicare Exchange at 510.634.7171 or contact us to find out what’s the best deal for YOU.

Contact Us

Please leave this field empty.

Free Medicare Supplement Comparison

Our Medicare Supplement Comparison Tool will allow you to get real time pricing information for available plans.

While the plans are identical from company to company based on letter, the only thing that varies is how much they charge you. 

Since the costs vary from insurer to insurer, it is important to reevaluate annually to make sure you are paying the best rate for the same coverage. 

For a more detailed quote from a state-licensed professional and Medicare expert, please contact us.

Helping Our Clients Make The Best Decisions

Contact Us